March 20th is International Happiness Day. It’s definitely a day to celebrate!
Aside from all the uplifting news that we report at The Good Times, more reasons to be cheerful and optimistic on this International Day of Happiness include:
- 9 out of 10 people now live free from extreme poverty
- Almost 90% of the global population is literate
- Crop yields have improved
- Infant mortality rates have more than halved in 30 years
- With healthier children, families can be smaller
- Global nuclear arsenals have reduced dramatically
- Almost every country on earth has equal voting rights
- Social attitudes have changed.
These facts from September 2019 are explained in greater detail at Chartr, a company that tells the news through charts. The data changes constantly, of course, but these trends are increasing. Find out more about how the world is getting better here.